FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ANNOUNCING THE ADVISORY COUNCIL for the
2013 BUILDING ENERGY SUMMIT
November 13, 2012, Washington, DC – CoR Advisors® and the DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) are pleased to announce the Advisory Council for the 2013 Building Energy Summit which will be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.
Advisory Council on the Web:
This distinguished group is comprised of some of the most experienced and dedicated leaders committed to furthering energy efficiency and sustainability in our buildings, throughout our cities, and across the country. The Advisory Council represents a broad range of building owners and operators from commercial, corporate, retail, hotel, government, industrial, banking, and healthcare industries, as well as federal and local government officials and leading environmental organizations.
* Brad Molotsky, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, LEED – GA, Brandywine Realty Trust (Co-Chairman)
* Tommy Russo, CIO, Akridge (Co-Chairman)
* Laurie Actman, Deputy Director, DOE Energy Efficient Buildings Hub (Navy Yard)
* David Borchardt, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Tower Companies
* Richard H. Bradley, Executive Director, DowntownDC BID
* Patty Connolly, Director, Global Sustainability, RREEF
* Eric Duchon, Manager, Sustainability Strategies, Cushman & Wakefield
* Randy Gaines, Vice President Engineering, Hilton Worldwide
* Elizabeth Heider, Senior Vice President Green Markets, Skanska USA Inc.
* Marc Heisterkamp, Director, Strategic Accounts, U.S. Green Building Council
* Kevin Kampschroer, Director of the Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings, U.S. General Services Administration
* Betty Ann Kane, Chairman, DC Public Service Commission
* Veronique Marier, Deputy Director, Energy Administration, District of Columbia Department of the Environment
* Charles E. Massie, Jr., Energy and Sustainability Manager, Lincoln Harris CSG
* Jennifer McConkey, Assistant Director-Equity Operations, Principal Real Estate Investors
* Lisa Mize, Senior Vice President, Shorenstein Realty Services
* Darlene Pope, President & CEO, CoR Advisors
* Dan Probst, Chairman of Energy and Sustainability Services, Jones Lang LaSalle
* Carlos Santamaria, VP of Engineering, Glenborough
* Peter Scarpelli, Vice President, Global Leader of Energy Services, CBRE
* John K. Scott, Executive Vice President of Property Management, Colliers International
* Jigar Shah, CEO, Jigar Shah Consulting
* Evan Tyroler, Vice President, Principal, Sustainability Services, Cassidy Turley
* Maria Vargas, Director, DOE Better Buildings Challenge
These Advisors are instrumental in helping determine the session topics, speakers, and overall educational content for the 2013 Building Energy Summit in order to deliver the greatest value to attendees. More importantly, they are thought leaders and innovators who are able to share their success stories in achieving energy efficiency goals so that others are compelled to do the same.
The 2013 Building Energy Summit is a one-day executive conference that combines keynote presentations by industry leaders and energy experts, educational breakout sessions for hands-on learning, case study presentations demonstrating real projects and real results, and networking opportunities for collaborating with colleagues and solution providers.
Summit Web Site: http://www.dcenergysummit.com
CoR Advisors® is a professional consulting group specializing in the design and implementation of advanced technology solutions that maximize energy efficiency in commercial and corporate properties. Using a trademarked 15-step “Roadmap to Energy Efficient Buildings”, CoR Advisors works closely with building owners and operators to evaluate and implement best practices in “smart building” technologies, energy management, and sustainable business practices. For more information, visit http://www.coradvisors.net.
The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) is a private non-profit organization that provides capital improvements, resources and research to help diversify the economy and enhance the Downtown experience for all. The Downtown ecoDistrict was launched in 2011 to strengthen Downtown’s competitiveness in the commercial real estate market. As a catalyst, facilitator, and thought leader, the DowntownDC BID promotes public/private partnerships to create a remarkable urban environment. For more information, visit http://www.DowntownDC.org or follow on Twitter @downtowndcbid.
# # #
President and CEO
Karyn G. Le Blanc
Director of Communications
DowntownDC Business Improvement District
202-661-7560, office | 202-497-4572, cell